If you have ever dreamt of having your education in an English speaking university in some advanced 1st world country then you will definitely need to pass the TOEFL test. TOEFL stands for Test of English as a foreign language. You must be skilled enough in your English proficiency language before moving out from your native country.
Guidelines to follow for securing good score in TOEFL
- What is TOEFL?
An American company named ETS conducts TOEFL test. In this test, there are four sections of reading, writing, listening and communicating in English, each of which carries 30 marks. There is in general no pass or fail in this test but the examinees have to secure some good overall percentage or sectionwise good marks to be successful. Before giving the test one should research the university laid scores guidelines in which he/she is eager to go. There are lots of resources online that the desired candidate can get as guidelines.
- Always go prepared – Take at least six months to one year of your time for this test preparation. Don’t just go unprepared. You should know reading, writing, talking and listening questions which are being asked and answer them confidently. Also, be sure of the cutoff scores of the universities in which you are applying. On that respect, you can take your preparations. Never try to prepare for this test alone without any guidance. Always seek some guidance from persons who are well acquainted with this test, your friends who have given the test, or any professional institutions from where you can get the complete tutoring about this. TOEFL Preparation Classes in Vashi are conducted by several institutions which are very best in their guidance with good feedback from the candidates.
- Read and Listen anything – In TOEFL test, not only you have to read passages fluently but also you have to listen to topics of various subjects like biology, American history, politics and other discrete subjects with which may be you are not familiar with. So to qualify the test with flying colours you should have strong vocabulary of various topics in the world. There are top resources in the internet like BBC, ted talks, VOA etc. each of which has its vast collection on various subjects starting from science, technology, business, entertainment, arts, politics etc. Just go for these resources.
TOEFL Exam | Image Resource : 1.cdnkic.com
- Take notes – In TOEFL exams the audio clips in the speaking, listening and writing sections are just played once. So you have to be very much attentive and take notes immediately of the audio speech to write extracts from the speech, spoke of what of you heard in the speaking section, and listen minutely to answer the questions. In every aspect, taking notes will help you.
- Your pronunciation is the gateway to qualify – This is another important aspect in the speaking section. You should pronounce correctly and talk clearly with your communicator which can be understandable. May be you are not fluent with an American accent but you should talk right grammar and vocabulary.
- QWERTY Keyboard familiarity – In the writing section of the TOEFL test you will have to use QWERTY keyboard to answer. So get yourself acquainted with this type of keyboard for fast writing.
These few guidelines if followed seriously will help you out to qualify in your TOEFL test and fulfill your dreams of studying in a foreign university.